Friday, February 11, 2011

Bangladesh can beat anyone: Sehwag

As if Virender Sehwag's batting strike-rate of 102 over a decade in one-day candid wasn't abundant to affright bowlers, he has now set his architect on batting continued during the World Cup. During his amazing double-century adjoin Ajantha Mendis and Muttiah Muralitharan in the Galle Test in 2008, Sehwag agitated his bat but he is yet to bat out the abounding allocation of overs in one-dayers, article he hopes to achieve.

"I anticipate I never played 50 overs in one-day cricket, best I faced is 42-44 overs," a airy Sehwag said in Bangalore. "This time I'll try to bat 50 overs if I can. I accept been aggravating for 10 years, I'm still trying." Emulating Sachin Tendulkar, who fabricated the aboriginal and alone double-century so far in the architecture back he played out 50 overs adjoin South Africa aftermost year, wasn't a ambition for Sehwag though. "Sachin has played 50 overs abounding times, not aloof once, but he could accomplish 200 alone already because it is not accessible to accomplish 200 in a one-dayer."

Nearly a third of Sehwag's innings accept been single-digit efforts, a admeasurement he aims to abate with a added abstinent access aboriginal in the innings. "I accept Yuvraj [Singh], MS Dhoni, [Suresh] Raina, [Virat] Kohli and Yusuf [Pathan] in the average order, so I can go afterwards the bowling beeline from the aboriginal ball, but nowadays I'm a giving a little bit of account for aboriginal 4-5 overs," he said. "Then I can booty on the bowlers to accomplish abiding I accord a acceptable alpha so alike if I get out the average adjustment can booty their time and again go afterwards the bowling."

This will be the aboriginal World Cup back Twenty20 become a big-money phenomenon, and Sehwag says the acceleration of cricket's newest architecture will beggarly teams batting aboriginal will accept to set bigger targets to feel safe. "If you get a acceptable batting track, 320 or 300 will be a par account in the World Cup," he said. "IPL afflicted a lot of batsmen's mindsets, because batsmen now anticipate we can hunt 10 run an over anytime. Before teams anticipation you accept absent the bold if they bare to hunt 10 an over, but now with the power-hitters in the team, they will hunt it and that will be actual agitative to see in the World Cup"

No comments:

Post a Comment